I was asked to use and review the new Char-Broil Kettleman. So I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to try out this new idea I had for a Grilled Portabella Burger.
For this recipe, I started with 80/20 Angus and mixed in jack cheese and cooked, crispy bacon. I turned this meat into 2 big patties and seasoned it with my AP Seasoning.
AP Seasoning Recipe:
– 4 parts salt
– 2 parts granulated garlic
– 1 part black pepper
Next I took two portabella mushroom caps and drizzled a little olive oil on top and seasoned with my AP Seasoning. I put both the burgers and the portabella mushrooms on the hot Char-Broil Kettleman.
After 3 minutes, I flipped the mushroom caps and added more olive oil and AP seasoning to the other side. After 3 additional minutes (6 minutes total) I added cheese to the tops of the Portabella mushrooms and allowed it to melt on the Char-Broil Kettleman.
After a total of 8 minutes I flipped my burger and placed the portabella mushroom on top – cheese side down.
I allowed my burger to cook for an additional 8 minutes (16 minutes total) on the Char-Broil Kettleman. But during that time I took my bun, applied a little olive oil and toasted it on the Char-Broil Kettleman for about 30 seconds.
Once the burger has grilled for a total of 16 minutes, it is time to assemble this Grilled Portabella Burger. You can doctor your burger any way you desire, but I used mayo, lettuce and tomato to complete this Grilled Portabella Burger Recipe.
The Char-Broil Kettleman did a great job of grilling. It has a great kettle design that I love. You can find the Char-Broil Kettleman at Lowe’s or check it out here >>.
A couple features of the Char-Broil Kettleman:
– Temperature Control – With a super sized cool-touch damper on the grill’s lid, heat management is easy. Vents around the body of the kettle allow air to fuel the fire from all sides, providing even heat to the cooking surface.
– Flare-Up Control – A porcelain coated no-fall-through grate allows charcoal flavor through while keeping flames away from food. Wood chips can be thrown on the grate and small foods like shrimp or asparagus will never fall into the fire.
– Charcoal Control – Designed to grill twice as many burgers with the same 50 briquettes as the leading kettle.
– Ash Control – A slide-in, porcelain-coated ashtray is tight against the grill making cleanup and maintenance simpler than ever.
– Stability Control – Wide stance, heavy-gauge steel legs add stability and easy mobility. A bottom shelf doubles as a holder for the cooking grate or other accessories.