- Bring the Big Green Egg up to 350⁰ using lump charcoal. Any grill can be substituted here set up for 2 zone cooking.
- Butterfly the flank steak by making a thin cut completely down the length of the steak. (should open like a book and lay flat)
- Season the top side of the flank steak with ½ the Killer Hogs AP Rub.
- Spread cream cheese over the top side leaving 1” border from the edge.
- Sauté the mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil for 3 minutes and add spinach. Cook the spinach just until wilted about 2 minutes.
- Layer the spinach-mushroom mixture on the cream cheese and top with Roasted Red Bell Pepper.
- Tightly roll the flank steak using your fingers to keep the stuffing inside. Leave it seam down on the cutting surface.
- Use 16” pieces of butcher twine to tie the flank steak spacing each string out about 1”.
- Season the outside with the remaining Killer Hogs AP Rub and Killer Hogs Steak Rub.
- Place flank steak on grill surface and sear on each side about 3-4 min. per side.
- Carefully raise the cooking grate and insert the plate setter in the Big Green Egg. (if using another grill move the flank steak to the indirect side. Grill should still be running at 350⁰.
- Insert Probe Thermometer into the middle of the flank steak and set alarm for 130⁰.
- When the steak is done, remove from grill and rest for 10-15 min.
- Slice into 1” medallions and serve.