- 2lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 18oz Spedie Sauce – Salamida Original State Fair
- 2oz Greek Seasoning
- 2 Yellow Squash
- 2 Zucchini Squash
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 dozen small Sweet Peppers assorted colors
- Pita Bread or your favorite flat bread
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomato
- Feta Cheese – crumbled
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 8oz Plain Yogurt
- 4oz Sour Cream
- 1 Whole Cucumber peeled and shredded on box grater
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2oz Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Place Chicken Thighs in a ziplock bag and pour half of the bottle of Spedie Sauce over the thighs. Move the thighs around in the marinade for even coverage and refrigerate for at least one hour up to overnight.
- Wash and vertically slice the squash into 1/4” pieces, quarter the red onion, and place all the vegetables in a ziplock bag. Pour the remaining marinade over the vegetables and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Set up a charcoal grill for direct heat grilling adding a couple small chunks of your favorite wood on the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and place on the grill. Season each thigh with greek seasoning as they cook. Total cook time is about 10 minutes. Place each thigh on a platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Remove the vegetables from the marinade and place on the grill. Season with remaining greek seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender turning as needed.
- Warm the pitas for 30-45 seconds on the grill. Slice the thighs into bite size pieces and place on a platter along with the grilled vegetables. Serve family style with lettuce, diced tomatoes, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.