BBQ Meatball SubSmoked BBQ Meatballs turned into a Cheesy, Saucy BBQ Meatball Sub What Malcom used in this BBQ Meatball Sub recipe: – Malcom’s Country Sausage Seasoning – Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub – 1 Inch Scoop – Smoking Racks (AKA Chicken Racks) – Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce – Thermoworks Thermapen It’s time for some fun recipes! This BBQ Meatball Sub is easy and pretty simple to produce. You could use any smoker – but it really is perfect for the pellet grill. And you can take this smoked meatball recipe and go in whatever direction you want… Try different seasonings in the meatballs… try different sauces, different cheeses and use different rolls…. just always make the meatballs from scratch (because they are so much better than frozen balls). Print
Homemade meatballs with BBQ Flavors – smoked on the Traeger Pellet Grill and sauced with Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce to make a Cheesy, Delicious BBQ Meatball Sub!
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s Country Sausage seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 bottle of Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat pellet grill to 350 degrees using your favorite wood pellets.
- Place ground beef, ground pork, onion, garlic, eggs, Parmesan, and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Add sausage seasoning and bbq rub and mix by hand until everything is incorporated.
- Use a small scoop or spoon and portion meat mixture into balls. Roll around in your hands to form the ball but don’t pack to firm.
- Spray a wire cooking rack with cooking spray and place meat balls on the rack.
- Dust the tops with a little The BBQ Rub and place on the pit.
- Cook the meatballs until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F about 35-40 min.
- Transfer the meatballs to a baking pan and cover with The BBQ Sauce.
- Continue to cook until the sauce starts to bubble and glazes over the top about 5-10 min.
- Trim out the center top portion of the loaf of French bread. Use your hands to remove out more of the bread in order to make room for the meatballs.
- Place slices of Provolone cheese in the bottom of the bread, add as many of the meatballs as you can fit and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Place the sandwich back on the pit until the cheese melts. (Also place the top portion of bread on the grill to toast.
- Remove the sandwich from the grill and place the top portion on top of the sub. Cut and enjoy!
Keywords: bbq meatballs, bbq meatball sub, meatball sub