- 1 Whole Brisket 17lbs before trimming
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Corse Ground Black Pepper
- Trim fat to ¼” on brisket
- Mix Salt and Pepper together in a shaker bottle or dredge
- Season all sides of brisket with Salt/Pepper mixture
- Prepare smoker for indirect heat 250⁰.
- Place brisket on smoker and add pecan wood chunks to fire
- Smoke for 5 hours maintaining constant temperature and adding pecan wood as needed
- Wrap brisket in double layer of butcher paper and return to smoker
- Insert probe thermometer into middle of flat section and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 200⁰
- Remove brisket from smoker and rest in a dry cooler (no ice) for 2 hours
- Separate the flat and point, slice the flat against the grain into ¼” slices. Cut the point in half and slice it against the grain. The edges can be cubed into burnt ends.