- 2 Whole Chickens (about 5lbs each)
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs AP Rub
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 10oz Shredded Red Cabbage
- ½ cup White BBQ Sauce*
- ¼ cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 3 Green Onions sliced fine
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Celery Seed
For the White BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Black Pepper (course ground)
- 1 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon Prepared Horse Radish
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Juice from 2 Lemons
- Bring Smoker or Grill set up for indirect heat to a cooking temperature of 275⁰ using a few chunks of pecan wood added to the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Remove Chicken from packaging and rinse under cool water. Be sure to remove neck and giblets from cavity.
- Season the outside of each chicken with AP rub (Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic) and a layer of The BBQ Rub (any bbq rub can be substituted).
- Place chickens on cooking rack and hold smoker temperature steady at 275⁰.
- After 1 hour place a wired meat probe into thickest part of Breast. Set alarm for 165⁰ internal.
- Remove chicken from smoker when internal temperature hits 165⁰ in breast and 175⁰ in thigh.
- Rest chicken for 15-20 minutes on counter before pulling.
- Separate chicken from bone and shred into equal size pieces.
- For each sandwich Open a split bun or roll and layer pulled chicken topped with a good drizzle of White BBQ Sauce, and a heaping scoop of Blue Cheese Cole Slaw.
- Serve with your favorite Spicy Sweet Pickle and enjoy.