- 1 “butt portion” Ham
- 1 Cup Apricots (quartered) I use the kind in a can
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (quartered)
- ½ cup and ¼ cup Apple Juice
- ½ cup Apricot Preserves
- ½ cup Apple Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- Add Apples, Apricots and ½ cup Apple Juice to bottom of ½ size aluminum pan.
- Remove the ham from the cryovac and use a box cutter or knife to score the ham in both directions. Place the scored ham on top of the apples/apricots meat side down.
- Fire up your smoker and bring it to 275⁰ with a few chunks of apple wood scattered around for added smoke flavor.
- Once your pit is up and running, set the pan on the cooking grate and monitor the internal temp.
- While ham cooks, make the glaze by combing Apricot Preserves, Apple Butter, Brown Sugar, Apple Juice and Cider Vinegar together over medium heat until dissolved. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat. Stir until the mixture thickens about 15min.
- Once the ham reaches an internal temperature of 135⁰, Brush the glaze over the outside of the ham and continue cooking until internal temp hits 140⁰.
- When ham reaches 140⁰ internal, remove the pan from the smoker.
- Take the ham out of the pan and let it rest for a few minutes. It’s ready to carve and serve.