- 2–4 Chicken Breast – boneless, skinless
- 2 cups BBQ Chicken & Waffles BBQ Marinade*
- 1 cup BBQ Chicken & Waffles BBQ Glaze*
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub (or your favorite BBQ Rub)
- 4–8 Cornbread Waffles*
BBQ Chicken & Waffles BBQ Marinade
- 8oz Water
- 4oz Olive Oil
- 4oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub (or your favorite BBQ Rub)
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs AP Rub (or a good quality All Purpose seasoning)
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 3–4 cloves Garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 Lemon
BBQ Chicken & Waffles BBQ Glaze
Jalalapeño Cornbread Waffles
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups Self Rising Cornmeal (not cornmeal mix)
- ¾ cups Self Rising Flour
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup diced pickled jalapeño
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Directions: In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, and salt. Add buttermilk and stir. Fold in cheese and jalapeños. Preheat waffle iron and scoop ½ cup per waffle. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Butterfly chicken breast and place in ziplock bag.
- Pour BBQ Marinade over chicken and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare ceramic style BBQ Grill for direct grilling at 375⁰, medium high heat. Any type bbq grill can be used.
- Remove chicken breast from marinade and season with BBQ rub. Place directly on grill grates and cook for 8 minutes. Flip chicken and brush with BBQ Glaze. Continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 165⁰ on an instant read thermometer. Total Cook time @12-14 minutes.
- Serve BBQ Chicken over Cornbread Waffles and drizzle with additional BBQ Glaze.