- Prepare BBQ smoker for indirect cooking running at 250⁰ with pecan wood chunks added for smoke.
- Trim Brisket: remove thick fat vein between flat and point. Separate the flat and point completely. Trim excess fat from outer sides of the point. Leave ¼” of fat on bottom side of flat.
- Season Brisket Point with AP, The BBQ Rub, and Steak Rub. (The flat gets the same seasonings or it can be cooked at a later time.)
- Place Point on the smoker and smoke for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove point from smoker and place in an aluminum pan. Pour beef broth into pan and cover with aluminum foil. Return pan to the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches 205-210⁰.
- Remove pan from smoker and transfer point to cutting board. Separate the fat from the brisket drippings and add back to the pan along with the bbq sauce. Cut point into cubes and dredge in the sauce mixture placing each one bark side up in the pan.
- Return the burnt ends to the smoker for 10-15 to glaze then serve.