- 4 Pork Tenderloins (1.5# avg ea)
- ¼ cup Jammin’ Jerk Seasoning
- 1 cup Jerk Glaze*
- 1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
- Caribbean Cole Slaw*
For Jerk Glaze:
- ½ cup Heinz Ketchup
- ½ cup Pineapple juice
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 green Onions finely chopped
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper finely chopped (more if you like it hot)
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- In a small boiler over medium, add the ketchup , pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey, lime juice and vinegar. Stir to combine and add the jerk seasoning, garlic, onion, and peppers. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Combine the corn starch and water in a small bowl and add to the pot. Continue simmering the glaze until it thickens about 3-4 minutes.
For Caribbean Cole Slaw
- 1 bag of Preppared Cole Slaw w/red cabbage and carrots
- ½ Red Onion sliced thin
- ½ Fresh Mango chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion finely sliced
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tabelspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Habanero Pepper finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl add the vinegar, Dijon Mustard, honey, and sugar. Whisk to combine and drizzle in olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a medium size bowl add the bag of cole slaw, mango, red onion, green onion, and habanero. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to combine. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Prepare Drum Smoker or other bbq grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰. Add cherry wood to hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Remove any excess fat or silver skin from each pork tenderloin. Season with Jerk Rub on all sides.
- Place each tenderloin on the cooking rack of the smoker and insert probe thermometer to monitor internal temperature.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135⁰ in the center of the tenderloin.
- Apply Jerk Glaze on all sides of the tenderloins and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 145⁰ (about 10 more minutes).
- Remove from smoker and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Split Hawaiian Rolls in half, remove the top portion of each roll and place slices of pork tenderloin on the bottom half. Drizzle with Jerk glaze and top with Caribbean Cole slaw. Place the top portion of each roll on the slaw and serve.