- 3–4 lbs boneless ribeye
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium size onion
- 1lb thin sliced Provolone Cheese
- 4–6 Sub rolls
- 16oz Two Cheese Sauce* recipe below
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs AP Rub
Two Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 8oz Shredded Pepper Jack
- 8oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- ½ stick Salted Butter
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Ground Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place a small pot over medium heat on stove. Add butter and flour and whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk, ground mustard, and cayenne pepper continue to whisk until mixture reaches a boil.
- Start adding the Pepper Jack and Cheddar a little at a time, stirring to melt. Once the cheese sauce comes together, add the Hot Sauce and season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Keep warm and serve over cheese steaks or store in a jar for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Wrap ribeye in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 1 hour to firm.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onions and place in a bowl for later.
- Remove ribeye from freezer and slice into thin steaks.
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct grilling and place a griddle or iron skillet directly on the cooking grate.
- Add 1 TBS of vegetable oil to griddle or iron skillet, Add the peppers and onions, season with AP Rub, and cook until brown and tender about 3 minutes then remove from grill.
- Add more vegetable oil and place the thinly sliced ribeye on the griddle and season with AP Rub. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and re-season. When the ribeye browns, use a knife and spatula to cut the steaks into thin pieces. Remove the meat from the griddle once cooked total time about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwiches add the meat and vegetables back to the cooking surface. Use a spatula and combine then divide the meat/veggies into separate piles. Layer 2 slices of Provolone over each and top with a split Sub Roll.
- Remove each sandwich from the grill and ladle Warm Cheese Sauce* over each and serve.