- 4lb Smoked Chuck Roast or Smoked Brisket cut into bite size pieces
- 1lb Spicy Hot Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 24oz Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce chopped
- 3–4 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 quart Beef Broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 14oz can Chili Beans (optional)
- Chili Seasoning (recipe below)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- Prepare Big Green Egg or other type smoker for indirect cooking at 300⁰.
- Grill Onion, Bell Pepper, and Poblano Pepper for a few minutes on each side and chop.
- Cube smoked chuck roast into bite size pieces. (Roast can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated over-night)
- In a 5 quart iron pot add chopped grilled vegetables, diced tomatoes, chuck roast, spicy sausage, chipotle peppers, garlic, and chili seasoning; stir to combine.
- Add beef broth, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste; stir to combine.
- Place iron pot on Big Green Egg and cook uncovered for 2 ½ hours stirring occasionally.
- Add Chili Beans, stir to combine and continue cooking for 1 additional hour.
- Remove from grill and serve with your favorite toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, lime wedges)