- Slow Thaw suckling pig in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Place pig on cutting surface back side down and use a sharp knife to cut through breast bone allowing the chest cavity to open. Press down gently on each side until pig lays open.
- Trim away any excess fat, sinew, organs, or blood colored areas from the cavity. Wipe the cavity and outer skin clean with a damp towel.
- Season inside the cavity with Killer Hogs AP Rub followed by a layer of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.
- Whisk pork injection and apple juice in a bowl to combine. Shoot the injection into the hams, loins, and shoulder areas of the pig.
- Place the pigs on a sheet pan in the running position and wipe any excess rub or moisture off the skin using a dry towel.
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 225⁰ using cherry and hickory wood for smoke flavor.
- Arrange the pig on the cooking grate and protect the ears and snout with aluminum foil.
- Smoke at 225-250⁰ for 2.5 hours then apply a light coating of cooking spray on the skin.
- Continue to smoke until internal temperature registers 190 in the thickest part of the shoulder.
- Remove pig from smoker and rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.