- 2 slabs St. Louis cut Spare Ribs
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Margarine
- ¾ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- ¾ cup Killer Hogs The Vinegar Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 250⁰ add cherry and hickory wood for smoke flavor.
- Remove the end bones from each slab of ribs to give a square appearance. Trim any excess cartilage from the top of each slab. Pull the membrane off and remove excess fat & sinew from top and bottom of each.
- Apply thin coat of mustard to each side. Layer the Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub on both sides followed by a light dusting of Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.
- Place the ribs on the smoker and cook for 2 hours. Spritz with a 50:50 mixture of Apple Juice & Water every 30 minutes.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the counter big enough to wrap the ribs. Layer half the margarine, brown sugar, and honey on the foil. Place a slab of ribs meat side down into the mixture and drizzle ¼ cup of Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce on the back side. Close the foil and repeat for the other slab.
- Place the wrapped ribs meat side down on the pit and continue to cook for 1 – 1 ½ hours or until tender. Be sure to check the ribs for tenderness at the 1 hour mark.
- When a few of the larger bones are exposed on the back and the slab bends easily when lifted the ribs are ready to come off the pit. Rest for 30 minutes on the counter and remove from foil. Place each slab back on the pit and apply a light coat of glaze ¾ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce mixed with ¼ cup Killer Hogs The Vinegar Sauce.