BBQ Shrimp and Grits Recipe with Grilled Shrimp, a Cajun Andouille Sausage Sauce and Cheese Grits. This recipe is rich and delicious.
- 1lb Raw Gulf Shrimp Jumbo 13-15count peeled & deveined, tail on
- 1lb Andouille Smoked Sausage
- 6 slices Bacon crumbled (reserve drippings for sauce)
- 8oz Butter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Flat leaf Parsley chopped
- ¼ cup Green Onion (white parts) chopped
- 3–4 cloves Garlic
- 2 Lemons halved
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 16oz Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Stone Ground Yellow Corn Grits
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese grated fine
- ¼ cup Cream Cheese
- Prepare Big Green Egg or other grill for grilling at medium high heat 350⁰.
- Place Andouille Sausage on grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 165⁰ about 30 minutes, turning as needed.
- Heat chicken broth to boil over medium high heat and stir in grits. Reduce heat to low and simmer the grits for 20-30 minutes or until thick, stirring often. Stir in Parmesan and Cream cheese and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Season shrimp on both sides with the Hot BBQ Rub.
- Remove the sausage from the grill and slice in half lengthwise then chop into small pieces.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add the sausage and 1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings. Brown sausage for 2-3 minutes on all sides.
- Add Garlic, Parsley, and green onion and sauté for a couple minutes. Add Worcestershire and juice from 1 ½ lemons, stir to combine and melt in the butter a little at a time.
- Place seasoned shrimp on grill for 1 ½ minutes each side. Add shrimp to the iron skillet and toss to coat. Cook the shrimp in the sauce for 1-2 minutes and remove from the grill.
- To serve: Spoon the grits onto a large plate or platter and ladle the shrimp and sauce over the top. Garnish with finely chopped green onion and crumbled bacon.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Barbecue