- 1–2 Whole Venison Backstraps (loin)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 8oz Baby Portabella Mushrooms chopped
- ¼ cup Crumbled Bacon (about 6 slices)
- 1 small Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Bacon Drippings
- ½ cup Flat leaf Parsley chopped
- 2lbs Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- Prepare Pellet Smoker or any other bbq grill for indirect cooking at 350⁰. Add your favorite wood to the hot coals for smoke flavor. In the pellet grill I use a combination of Pecan, Oak, and Cherry cooking pellets.
- To prepare the stuffing sauté onions and mushrooms in bacon drippings over medium heat. Add to room temperature cream cheese. Fold in crumbled bacon and parsley.
- Trim excess silver skin from venison backstraps and cut a slit down the length to butterfly it open. Be careful not to cut through the entire piece.
- Season with AP rub and stuff with cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap the outside with strips of bacon and season with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub.
- Place each backstrap on a wire cooling rack and set on the smoker.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees or your desired doneness. The bacon should be brown on the outside.
- Allow the backstrap to rest for 10 minutes and cut into individual pieces for serving.