- 1 Boston Butt (8lb avg – cut into 3 roasts)
- 4oz Malcom’s Jammin’ Jerk Rub
- 8oz Jerk Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Green Onions chopped fine (white parts only)
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ Cup Ketchup
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Hot Sauce (more if you like it hot)
- ¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s Jammin’ Jerk Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper finely chopped
- Sauté onion and garlic over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients, whisk to combine, and continue to simmer for 20 min.
- Prepare Drum Smoker or any similar type smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰. Add 2 chunks of hickory or your favorite wood to the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Apply Jammin’ Jerk Rub to all sides of pork roasts.
- Place pork on cooking grate and smoke for 3 hours, turn each piece every hour for even color.
- Wrap each piece in aluminum foil and return to smoker for about 1 ½ hours or until tender. Internal temperature should be approximately 190-195 degrees.
- Remove from aluminum foil and glaze with Jerk Sauce. Place each roast back on smoker and glaze for 15 minutes or until sauce caramelizes.
- Rest the jerk pork for 10 minutes on cutting board and chop into bite size pieces. Serve with additional jerk sauce.