- 2lb Snapper Filet (any white fish can substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons Mexican Style Dry Rub *recipe below
- 2 Tablespoons Butter – melted
- 2 Limes
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- ½ cup Cilantro Lime Crema *recipe below
Mexican Style Rub:
- 3 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lime zest
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- Preheat Grill for indirect cooking at 350-375⁰ or medium high heat.
- Spray the skin side of the snapper with vegetable cooking spray. Season the flesh side with a liberal coating of Mexican Style Rub.
- Slice the limes into thin rounds and jalapenos lengthwise. Layer limes, jalapeno slices, and sprigs of cilantro directly on the cooking grate. Place the filet of snapper on top to prevent sticking to the grate.
- Cook the snapper for 10-15 minutes or until the flesh turns white and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- To serve warm corn tortillas directly on the grill grate about 30 seconds each side. Double the tortillas and place portions of the fish on each. Top with fresh grated cabbage, cilantro-lime crema, pickled red onion or your favorite toppings.