- 2 Bone In Filets 16oz ea.
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 8 slices Thick Cut Bacon cooked crispy
- 8oz Red Wine Mushroom Sauce *recipe below
Mushroom Red Wine Sauce
- 8oz White Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Beef Broth low sodium
- 1 cup Red Wine
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire
- 1 Shallot finely minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter divided
- In a sauce pan melt 1 Tablespoon of butter, add shallot and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper; continue to sauté for a couple minutes. Add Balsamic Vinegar and Worcestershire and reduce for 2-3 minutes. Add the beef broth and wine and reduce by half about 7-8 minutes and remove from heat. Melt in the remaining butter and serve over steak.
- Prepare charcoal grill for two zone grilling (hot side and cool side).
- Season each filet with Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Killer Hogs Hot Rub.
- Place each filet on the indirect/cool side of the grill and insert a thermometer probe into the center of one of the filets.
- When internal temp reaches 110⁰, place each filet over the direct/hot side of the grill for 2 minutes each side for medium rare or continue to cook until desired doneness.
- Rest the filets for 5-10 minutes.
- Split the romaine lettuce in half and place on direct side of the grill for 1 minute each side.
- Place each half of grilled romaine on a platter and top with cherry tomatoes, Blue Cheese Dressing, and bacon. Top each filet with the Mushroom Red Wine sauce and serve.