- 8 Turkey Legs
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2–3 Bay leaves
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- In a large bowl combine water, 1 cup sugar, ¼ cup AP rub, and bay leaves. Place the turkey legs into the brine solution and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Remove the legs from the brine and drain over a cooling rack. Pat the excess moisture off with paper towels to speed the process.
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰ using pecan wood for smoke.
- Spray the outside of each leg with olive oil cooking spray and season with the remaining AP rub and a light coating of The BBQ Rub on all sides.
- Place the legs on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches 155-160⁰.
- Glaze each turkey leg with the vinegar sauce and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 175⁰ then remove from the smoker and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.