- 12 Chicken Legs
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Prepare charcoal smoker or other grill for indirect smoking at 300 degrees.
- Carefully pull the skin on each leg down towards the bottom without removing it. Season the exposed meat with AP rub on all sides and pull the skin back up towards the top of the leg.
- Season the skin side of each leg with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub and place each leg into a half size aluminum pan (tendon side down)
- Cut butter into small pats and place around the legs.
- Place 2 small chunks of pecan wood (or your favorite) on the hot coals and set the aluminum pan on the cooking rack of the pit. Cook until internal temperature reaches 175-180 degrees rotating the pan every 20 minutes.
- While the legs are smoking, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, Ketchup & soy sauce in a small pot over medium heat. In a separate bowl combine the corn starch and water into a slurry. When the sauce begins to simmer slowly whisk in the slurry and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the pan from the grill and place each leg into a clean pan. Re-season with additional Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub and place back on the pit for 5-7 minutes.
- Drizzle the sauce over the legs and continue to glaze for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove each leg from the pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.