- 2–3lb Tri Tip Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1/2 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Steak Rub
- 3/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Corse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Season outside of Tri Tip roast with a generous layer of Killer Hogs AP Rub or simple salt, black pepper, and garlic. Allow the Tri Tip to come to room temperature for 1 hour flipping the roast over after 30 minutes.
- Add a light to medium layer of Killer Hogs Hot Rub followed by a light layer of Killer Hogs Steak Rub and rest for 15 minutes.
- Prepare Drum style smoker for indirect cooking at 325 degrees or other similar type indirect smoker.
- Combine Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Water, minced Garlic, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl for basting.
- Place Tri Tip roast on cooking grate and smoke until internal temperature reaches 128-130 degrees. Flip the Tri Tip and baste with the balsamic mixture every every 15 minutes for even cooking.
- Remove the Tri Tip from the grill once it hits desired doneness and rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Be sure to slice across the grain for serving.