- 2 24oz porterhouse steaks
- Big Poppa Smokers Cash Cow
- Killer Hogs Steak Rub
- Steak Butter *recipe below
- – 1 Stick of Butter (room temperature)
- – 2-3 Cloves Roasted Garlic (smashed)
- – ½ Tablespoon Shallot (minced)
- – ½ tea fresh Thyme (chopped fine)
- – ½ teaspoon fresh Sage (chopped fine)
- – ½ teaspoon fresh Rosemary (chopped fine)
- – 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- – ½ teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- Season porterhouse steaks with Big Poppa Smokers Cash Cow on both sides and allow 10-15 minutes for seasoning to penetrate meat.
- Prepare grill for high heat grilling at 450-500 degrees. Grill Grates are optional but will help steak cook evenly and produce better grill marks.
- Season porterhouse steaks with Killer Hogs Steak Rub on both sides.
- Place steaks directly on grill and lightly press down to ensure good contact.
- Grill steaks for 4 minutes each side – rotating half way through to produce crosshatch marks.
- Flip steaks and repeat same process.
- Using a probe thermometer check the internal temperature and Remove steaks from grill when they have reached the desired doneness.
- Place 2 pats of Steak Butter on platter and set finished steak directly on top for a 10 – 15 minute rest.
- Place steak on cutting board and pour the remaining Steak Butter Dipping Sauce into a small bowl and serve.