- 1 or 2 Whole Chickens (depending on how many you want to make)
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 16oz Spicy White Sauce *recipe below
- 1 package Hawaiian Slider Rolls
- Dill Pickle Slices
- Pickled Red Onion *recipe below
Spicy White Sauce
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and whisk. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Sauce will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Pickled Red Onion
- 1 Red Onion peeled & sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a small pot over medium heat. Add sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes, stir to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add red onion slices. Toss to combine and place in a heat safe container to pickle. Place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Pickled Onions will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Remove Chicken from packaging. Check cavity for giblets and trim excess fat. Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Spray the outer skin with Vegetable cooking spray. Season well with Killer Hogs Hot Rub.
- Prepare pellet smoker or other grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 350 degrees using pecan pellets/wood for flavor.
- Place chicken on cooking rack and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 in the breast.
- Remove chicken from grill and rest loosely covered with aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- Pull chicken into bite size pieces discarding the bones.
- To make the sliders: Place a couple dill pickle slices on the bottom portion of the roll. Top with Pulled Chicken and Spicy White Sauce. Add a few pickled red onion slices and the top roll and serve.