- 3lbs Flanken Cut Beef Short Ribs (cross-cut)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Spanish Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- ½ teaspoon Chipotle Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl, stir, and pour into a shaker or seasoning dredge.
- Apply generous coat of dry rub mixture to all sides of Flanken cut Short Ribs and pat gently.
- Prepare Big Green Egg for direct grilling at 350-400 degrees using Lump charcoal and pecan wood chunks for smoke flavor. Any type of grill can be used for this recipe.
- Arrange short rib pieces on cooking grate and cook for 35-40 minutes turning often. Short Rib pieces should be well browned on all sides. Cook until the outside is caramelized moving around the cooking surface as needed.
- Serve family style with your favorite sides and pickled items.