- 15lb Whole Turkey
- 1 cup Kosmo’s Turkey Brine
- 1 gallon Water
- Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- Swine Life Miss Grind Rub
- 14oz Pepperidge Farm Seasoned Bread Cubes
- 1 lb Country Sausage (browned and drained)
- 22oz chicken broth
- 1 cup Granny Smith Apple (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 large Egg (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh Sage (chopped)
- Thaw turkey and remove giblet bag and neck. Place Turkey in XXL plastic ziplock storage bag, Add 1 cup Kosmo’s Turkey Brine & 1 gallon of Water, squeeze air out of bag and close. Place the turkey in a large plastic bowl or tote and place in refrigerator for 24 hours. (add a heavy pot to the top of the turkey if necessary, to weight it down)
- Remove turkey from brine and allow excess liquid to drain away. Air dry the skin patting it with paper towel to remove moisture.
- In a large sauté pan brown sausage & drain. Leave 1 Tablespoon of sausage drippings in pan and sauté onion, celery, & apple for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Spray the skin with cooking spray and season with Killer Hogs AP Seasoning followed by Swine Life Mississippi Grind.
- In a large bowl combine the bread cubes with sausage, sautéed mixture, melted butter, egg, herbs, 1 teaspoon AP seasoning and chicken broth. Stir to incorporate and stuff into the cavity of the turkey. Tie the legs together with butcher twine to hold in the stuffing.
- Prepare pellet grill for indirect cooking at 300 degrees using a combination of Hickory, Maple, and Cherry wood pellets for flavor. (any flavor pellet can be used)
- Place the turkey on the smoker and cook until an internal temperature of 165 in the breast. Be sure to check the internal temperature of the stuffing as well. It also needs to reach 165 before serving.
- Remove the turkey from the smoker, rest for 15 minutes before carving.