For this recipe I wanted to see if a chuck roast cut into burnt end size portions would be as good or better than brisket point burnt ends – also called “Poor Man’s Burnt Ends”.
- Preheat smoker to 275 degrees and add pecan wood chunks for smoke flavor
- Cut chuck roast into 1”x1” cube portions. Season with The BBQ Rub and TX Brisket Rub. Place each piece of chuck roast on raised cooking rack allowing space around each piece.
- Place the racks in the smoker and cook for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Remove burnt ends from pit and arrange in aluminum 1/2 size pan. Combine bbq sauce and beef broth and pour over burnt ends. Place foil over pan and return to pit
- Continue to cook for 2 hours or until burnt ends are tender. Use your fingers to squeeze a couple. When you can almost squeeze them in half they are done.
- Remove from pan and serve.
Keywords: poor man's burnt ends, burnt ends, chuck roast, how to make burnt ends, burnt ends recipe, chuck roast burnt ends, Best burn ends, FAKE Burnt Ends, smoked chuck roast, burnt ends chuck roast