Tomahawks are huge bone-in ribeyes. They’re cut off the loin and a long section of the rib bone is left attached to each steak. Now this steak is more than enough for one man, so you may want to find someone to share it with or you could tackle the whole thing if you think you can handle it
- 3lb Tomahawk Ribeye Steak 2” thick
- 2 teaspoons Beef Broth Concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Steak Rub
- 1 stick butter
- Prepare drum smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F use a couple chunks of hickory wood on the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Rub the entire surface of the tomahawk ribeye with the beef concentrate, season with a light coat of Hot BBQ Rub followed by a coat of Steak Rub. Let the steak rest while the smoker comes up to temperature about 20 minutes.
- Insert a probe thermometer into the center of the tomahawk and place the steak on the cooking grate.
- Place the stick of butter in a small aluminum pan and season it with a little Steak Rub.
- Flip the steak over after 20 minutes so that it cooks even on both sides.
- Once the internal temperature reaches about 120 degrees start basting the steak with the melted butter. Flip it over and do the same for the other side.
- Remove the steak from the smoker once it hits about 125-130°F for medium rare or cook it to you’re desired doneness.
- Rest the steak for 15 minutes and slice.
Keywords: tomahawk ribeye, tomahawk ribeye steak, tomahawk steak, smoked tomahawk ribeye, how to cook tomahawk steak, cooking tomahawk steak on the grill, Smoked Tomahawk steak