A whole smoked ribeye is one of the finer things in life… Started this recipe with a Certified Angus Beef whole ribeye, seasoned with a heavy dose of corse salt and black pepper – then smoked it on the Outlaw with Post Oak splits. It will make you slap Santa!
- 1 Whole Ribeye Roast 16-18lbs
- 1/4 cup Killer Hogs TX Rub
- 2–3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F using post oak wood for smoke flavor.
- Remove whole ribeye roast from packaging and trim. (Remove excess fat and sinew)
- Drizzle the outside of the whole ribeye with olive oil on all sides.
- Season with TX Rub and place on the pit.
- Insert a wired probe thermometer into center of roast and cook until internal temperature reaches 125°F about 2.5 hours total cook time.
- Rest the whole ribeye for 20-30 minutes before slicing into desired thickness.