- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F using post oak wood
- Season the beef ribs with a good dose of TX Rub
- Place the ribs on the smoker and cook for 1.5 hrs until a bark forms on the outside.
- Add the ribs to a large size aluminum pan along with the onion, garlic, rosemary, beef broth, and beef concentrate. Cover the pan and continue to cook until the ribs reach 200 degrees internal (about 2 more hours).
- Place a wire strainer over a medium size bowl and carefully pour the liquid from the pan through the strainer into the bowl.
- Place the strain au jus into a 2 quart size boiler and reduce over medium high heat for 15-20 minutes, remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve transfer the liquid to a small bowls and serve along with slices of whole smoked ribeye for dipping.