Sometimes you just need a good burger and this is one of my go-to recipes for a classic, American-Style Grilled Cheeseburger.
- 1lb 80/20 ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Steak Rub
- 4 pats of salted butter
- 8 strips of bacon cooked
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns – toasted
- Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, Pickles, Mayo, and Mustard
- Prepare Weber kettle style grill for 2 zone cooking – hot coals on one side and cool zone on the opposite side.
- Season the ground chuck with AP Seasoning and divide into 4 portions forming each into a ball. Place each ball of ground chuck on a burger press (or form into a patty by hand)
- Season each burger patty with steak seasoning on both sides. Make an indention in the center of each patty and place a pat of butter in the depressions.
- Place the burgers on the grill grate on the cool side at first. After 3 minutes move them a little closer to the fire but not directly over. Flip each patty after 6 minutes and repeat the process until the reach your desired doneness (mine is medium which is about 12 total min cook time)
- Place a slice of cheese over each burger right at the end and let it melt for 30 seconds before removing the burgers from the grill.
- To build the burgers start with a toasted sesame see bun slathered with mayo and a little mustard on the bottom bun. Add your favorite burger toppings mine are: lettuce, sliced tomato, and hamburger style dill pickle slices. Place the burger patty on top and finally the top half of the bun slathered with a little extra mayo.
Keywords: All American Grilled Cheeseburger, bacon burger, hamburger, cheeseburger, grilled cheeseburger, grilled burgers, grilling burgers, how to grill a hamburger, how to grill a burger, All American Burger Recipe, American Burger, best cheeseburger recipe, burger grill