Now this is how you do a rib sandwich the right way!
- 1 slab Loin Back Ribs
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter (split in half lengthwise)
- 3/4 cup Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce
- 1/2 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- 1 loaf fresh French Bread
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- Several hamburger style dill pickles
- Fire up bbq smoker for indirect cooking at 275°F using pecan wood for smoke
- Remove membrane from back side of ribs and make a thin incision along each bone. (I also cut the end bones off the rack of ribs leaving about 10 bones)
- Season each side with AP seasoning followed by a thin layer of mustard. Pat the seasoning into the meat and dust with The BBQ Rub. Let the ribs set meat side up for about 15 – 20 minutes while the smoker stabilizes.
- Place the ribs on the smoker and cook for 2 hours.
- Wrap the ribs: Double layer of foil, spread out the brown sugar, lay the butter on top, drizzle with 1/4 cup of Vinegar sauce, and place the ribs meat down. Wrap the foil tight around the ribs and place back on the smoker.
- Continue to cook for 1 hour 45 minutes or until ribs are tender. Remove the ribs from the cooker and open the foil. Carefully remove each bone (they’ll pop out clean at this point).
- Transfer the ribs to a cooling rack lined with foil. Combine the remaining sauces and brush on the back side. Flip the ribs over meat side up and brush with sauce.
- Place the cooling rack on the pit and glaze for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise and spread with a little butter. Toast in the oven for 2—3 minutes on broil – don’t walk away
- To build the sandwich: Drizzle some of the 50/50 sauce on the bottom half of the bread. Top with thinly sliced onion and pickles. Place the ribs on top and drizzle with more sauce. Add the top half of the bread and slice into quarters to serve.