Homemade meatballs with BBQ Flavors – smoked on the Traeger Pellet Grill and sauced with Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce to make a Cheesy, Delicious BBQ Meatball Sub!
- 1 lb ground beef 80/20
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s Country Sausage seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 bottle of Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat pellet grill to 350 degrees using your favorite wood pellets.
- Place ground beef, ground pork, onion, garlic, eggs, Parmesan, and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Add sausage seasoning and bbq rub and mix by hand until everything is incorporated.
- Use a small scoop or spoon and portion meat mixture into balls. Roll around in your hands to form the ball but don’t pack to firm.
- Spray a wire cooking rack with cooking spray and place meat balls on the rack.
- Dust the tops with a little The BBQ Rub and place on the pit.
- Cook the meatballs until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F about 35-40 min.
- Transfer the meatballs to a baking pan and cover with The BBQ Sauce.
- Continue to cook until the sauce starts to bubble and glazes over the top about 5-10 min.
- Trim out the center top portion of the loaf of French bread. Use your hands to remove out more of the bread in order to make room for the meatballs.
- Place slices of Provolone cheese in the bottom of the bread, add as many of the meatballs as you can fit and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Place the sandwich back on the pit until the cheese melts. (Also place the top portion of bread on the grill to toast.
- Remove the sandwich from the grill and place the top portion on top of the sub. Cut and enjoy!
Keywords: bbq meatballs, bbq meatball sub, meatball sub