This tailgate recipe for a Grilled & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is too easy and extra delicious!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub (or your favorite spicy BBQ Rub)
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 bottle Killer Hogs Hot Sauce (or your favorite Hot Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 mini hamburger buns
- Dill pickle chips
- Crispy Jalapenos for topping
- Spicy Ranch Sauce (recipe below)
Spicy Ranch Sauce
- 1 cup Blue Plate Mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch packet
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Franks Red Hot Seasoning
- Preheat Traeger pellet grill to 350°F using your favorite pellets.
- Trim excess fat from chicken thighs and season with Hot BBQ Rub on all sides.
- Place chicken on cooling rack and sit in the center of the pellet grill. (you can use any grill just keep the heat indirect at 350°F)
- In a small pan place the butter, hot sauce, garlic, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Sit it on the grill beside the chicken and stir it after 10-15 minutes.
- After the thighs have cooked for 30 minutes dunk them in the hot buffalo sauce and place back on the rack. Continue to cook for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 175°F
- Dunk the thighs on more time in the buffalo sauce and top each thigh with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Let the cheese melt on the grill about 5 minutes.
- Toast the mini burger buns in the oven or on the grill until brown.
- To assemble the sandwiches: Drizzle the bottom bun with spicy Ranch sauce followed by several dill pickle chips. Place the cheese covered thigh on the bun and top with crispy fried jalapeño pepper chips. Drizzle on more of the spicy Ranch and place the upper bun on top and you’re ready to dive in!
Keywords: buffalo chicken sandwich, spicy chicken sandwich, Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich, traeger chicken recipe