Smoked Pork Butt with savory and delicious Pot Roast flavors.
- 8lb Pork Butt Shoulder Roast
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ranch packet
- 8 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 pork gravy packet
- Prepare drum smoker for indirect smoking at 275 degrees using pecan wood for smoke flavor.
- Score the fat on the pork butt, combine the AP Seasoning, onion powder, and paprika and season the outside of the roast.
- Place the pork butt on the drum and smoke for 3 hours until the outer surface starts to brown.
- Place the pork butt in an aluminum roasting pan and add the ranch packet, pork gravy packet, 1 stick of butter and peppers. Wrap the top in foil and return to the pit. It helps to insert a probe thermometer at this point to monitor internal temperature.
- Once the pork butt reaches 200 degrees internal it’s done. Remove it from the pit and vent the steam from the pan.
To serve: shred the pork butt by hand and mix with a little of the juices from the pan. You can serve it over mashed potatoes or rice along with your favorite vegetables. It also makes one heck of a Super Sandwich!