Mardi Gras Shrimp is a spicy, saucy cajun shrimp recipe – and my take on a New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp.
Make sure to serve with some good dipping bread to sop up this sauce!
- 2lbs raw shrimp peeled & deveined
- 2 Tablespoons Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dry crab boil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce
- 1–2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Parsley and Lemon slices for garnish
- Prepare pellet grill for indirect cooking at 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in iron skillet on grill and sauté peppers and onions for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add The Bbq sauce, Worcestershire, and lemon juice. Season with King Craw Cajun Seasoning and dry crab boil.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Season shrimp with King Craw and place in the sauce mixture. Be sure to coat each shrimp in the sauce. Add a few slices of fresh lemon to the skillet
- Continue to cook for 5-10 minutes or until shrimp are done – no longer translucent.
- Remove from the grill and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with a crusty French bread to soak up the sauce.
Keywords: mardi gras shrimp, BBQ Shrimp, Shrimp Recipe, mardi gras food, new orleans shrimp, cajun shrimp, New Orleans Style Shrimp, BARBECUE SHRIMP