Catfish filets, fried with a thin and crispy batter, for a traditional Southern-Style Fried Catfish.
- Split catfish filets in half lengthwise and pat dry with paper towel. Place filets on wire rack.
- Season fillets lightly with AP and King Craw on both sides and air dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cornmeal to a gallon size ziplock bag and season with 1/2 Tablespoon AP and 1/2 Tablespoon of King Craw. Shake to combine.
- Add filets to the seasoned cornmeal and toss to coat. Shake off excess in the bag and place back on wire rack. Work in batches not to over crowd the bag. Let the filets air dry again for 10-15.
- Prepare a deep fryer with peanut oil for frying at 350-375°F. Drop filets a few at a time in the hot oil and fry for 8-10 minutes or until frying slows and the filets float to the top. Don’t overcrowd the fryer of the fish can stick together.
- Drain the filets and place on a baking sheet lined with butcher paper.
- Serve hot with plenty of tartar sauce, lemon wedges, and hot sauce.
Keywords: catfish, fried catfish, Southern style catfish