Grilled Scallops Recipe in ParchmentI had a good buddy who would enter a grilled scallop recipe for the seafood category… and win 1st place every time. This grilled scallops recipe is a simple recipe and it’s delicious. You need some good, fresh scallops a few ingredients and about 20 minutes – that’s it. This recipe isn’t actually grilling the scallops; it’s more steaming them in parchment on the grill. It keeps the texture of the scallops and allows you to get great flavor. Plus it will make for a great presentation when you serve your guests their own package of grilled scallops they get to cut open themselves – that’s the bet part! Chell doesn’t even like scallops but loves this recipe – so you know these grilled scallops have to be good! Print
Grilled Scallops Recipe in Parchment
- 1lb Fresh Scallops size U10
- ½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Lemon quartered
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Prepare Big Green Egg or other charcoal grill for indirect cooking 375-400⁰.
- Fold 1 sheet of parchment paper in half creating 2 sides.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over one side of the paper.
- Layer half of the sun dried tomatoes, garlic, shallot, and parsley on the oiled side. Reserve the remaining ingredients for the 2nd pouch.
- Squeeze lemon over the mixture and arrange 5 scallops on top.
- Season with Kosher Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fold the parchment paper edges together creating a closed pouch.
- Repeat this process for the remaining ingredients.
- Place each pouch on the grill and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill and carefully cut a slit down the middle of the parchment paper for serving.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!
First time I ever tried fixing scallops. Used this recipe on the Big Green Egg, the wife being the scallop expert gave it 2 thumbs up, and an order to do this again.
Good flavor, but 20 min for scallops was waaay too long 🙁
Not sure if you monitor the archived posts, but I am wanting to make this as well as your honey-glazed Salmon recipe. Do you have any advice on how to time these to complete at the same time? I am doing Salmon on the GrillaGrill Silverbac (nice recommendation), so I’d like to do these on the same pit if possible. Can also fire up weber if needed. Thanks!
Fantastic recipe. All the flavors come together beautifully and don’t overpower the scallops. Whoever gave this only 2 stars doesn’t know what they’re talking about! Our go-to recipe for special occaisions.