Grilled Scallops in ParchmentI had a good buddy who would enter a grilled scallop recipe for the seafood category… and win 1st place every time. This grilled scallops recipe is a simple recipe and it’s delicious. You need some good, fresh scallops a few ingredients and about 20 minutes – that’s it. This recipe isn’t actually grilling the scallops; it’s more steaming them in parchment on the grill. It keeps the texture of the scallops and allows you to get great flavor. Plus it will make for a great presentation when you serve your guests their own package of grilled scallops they get to cut open themselves – that’s the bet part! Chell doesn’t even like scallops but loves this recipe – so you know these grilled scallops have to be good! Print
- 1lb Fresh Scallops size U10
- ½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Lemon quartered
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Prepare Big Green Egg or other charcoal grill for indirect cooking 375-400⁰.
- Fold 1 sheet of parchment paper in half creating 2 sides.
- Drizzle Olive Oil over one side of the paper.
- Layer half of the sun dried tomatoes, garlic, shallot, and parsley on the oiled side. Reserve the remaining ingredients for the 2nd pouch.
- Squeeze lemon over the mixture and arrange 5 scallops on top.
- Season with Kosher Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fold the parchment paper edges together creating a closed pouch.
- Repeat this process for the remaining ingredients.
- Place each pouch on the grill and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill and carefully cut a slit down the middle of the parchment paper for serving.