- 2 slabs St. Louis Spare Ribs
- ½ cup Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare Smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰.
- Remove ribs from packaging, trim excess fat and remove membrane from bone side.
- Combine Salt and Black Pepper in a bowl and pour into a shaker bottle.
- Season ribs liberally on both sides with salt/pepper mixture.
- Place ribs on smoker and add pecan wood chunks to the fire for smoke.
- Mix Water and Apple Cider Vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Spritz ribs every 45 minutes.
- After 2.5 hours remove ribs from smoker, spritz with vinegar mixture and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Return ribs to smoker and continue to cook for approximately 2 hours. (Check ribs for doneness after 1 hour and every 15 minutes after. Once desired tenderness is reached pull of smoker)
- Rest ribs for 15 minutes and serve.