- 4 Bone Rib Roast
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Steak Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sage finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰; add a couple chunks of seasoned pecan wood to
- the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- French the ends of the rib roast by trimming away 1 ½-2” of meat between each bone (you can
- ask your butcher to do this as well). Truss the roast with butcher twine.
- In a small bowl combine the AP Rub, Steak Rub, rosemary, sage, thyme, and garlic.
- Coat the outside of the rib roast with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the outside.
- Place the rib roast bone side down on the smoker and cook until internal temperature reaches
- 125 degrees. Use a probe thermometer to monitor internal temperature.
- Remove the roast from the smoker and loosely cover with aluminum foil for at least 20 minutes.
- To serve: carve the bones away from the rib roast and place it cut side down on the cutting
- board. Slice the roast into desired slices and serve.