Asian Style Street Taco RecipeShane Draper stopped by to share 3 different Asian Style Street Taco recipes with me. He cooked a Steak Taco, Tuna Taco and a Rib Taco. I have to say, these we’re some pretty good street tacos – they were all different and all had an Asian influence.
Steak Street Tacos Recipe
- 2 ribeyes at least 1in thick
- 4 tbs Togarashi
- 3 tbs Eel sauce
- Rub ribeyes with Togarashi
- Grill Ribeyes until desired doneness
- Brush the ribeyes with 2 tbs of the eel sauce while resting
- Slice ribeyes as thin and toss sliced meat with remaining eel sauce
- 1/2lb asparagus
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs Togarashi
- Wash and dry the asparagus and cut off the thick stalk of the asparagus
- Toss in the sesame oil
- Dust with Togarashi
- Cook on the grill until tender (about 15-20 minutes)
- Remove from grill, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 tbs Ponzu
- 2 tbs Togarashi
- Prepare corn for cooking to include stripping husk and removing silk.
- Stir together mayo and ponzu
- Paint mixture on the corn
- Dust with Togarashi
- Cook on grill until kernels are softened, some char is great.
- Slice corn off of the cob set aside for tacos.
Tuna Street Tacos RecipeTuna Recipe:
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, stir together the ponzu sauce, mirin, honey and sesame oil.
- Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate. Coat the tuna steaks with the sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Oil the cooking grates well or using a cast iron cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place steaks in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side.. If cooking on a grill use Grill Grates at a temp of at least 500 degrees and sear for 1min each side.
- Slice the tuna into slices and brush with remaining sauce mixture.
- 2 ripe Hass avocados peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons ponzu sauce (lime)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Use a fork to mash the avocados in a large bowl. Stir in the hard cooked eggs, onion, tomato, lime juice, pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and wasabi powder. Mix well; taste, and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place guacamole in serving bowl, and garnish with green onion and cilantro. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- 2 Cucumber
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ponzu
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Chop onions and cucumbers into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix all other ingredients and submerge onions and cucumbers
- Set in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving
Rib Street Tacos RecipeFor Shane Draper’s full recipe on cooking Ribs for Street Tacos, visit: https://youtu.be/_rZeC9qihp8 Rib Glaze Recipe:
- 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Lime Ponzu
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots and cilantro.
- Whisk together ponzu, sesame oil, mayo and ginger; pour over cabbage mixture and toss together.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!
The tacos look good!! Just wondering if the Asian spices are readily available in most grocery stores such as Publix, etc
Most of them should be – but you can sub out any ingredients to make the recipe your own.
First of all I want to thank you for being such a good educator on bbq and smoking. I have learned so much from watching you on you tube. My question is do you have any non pork recipes for your killer hogs vinegar sauce? I cannot eat pork but I bought some of your sauce and am dying to try it on beef or chicken.
It’s great on chicken!
You mention mixing in eggs to your wasabi guacamole but I don’t see them listed in the ingredients list. Please advise thanks and keep up the good work.