Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cake RecipeFor a great dessert on the grill, you can’t beat a Grilled Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Get your grill fired up to 350 and have it setup for indirect heat – and grill some cake! Print
- 1 can pineapple sliced
- 1 jar marsciano cherries
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter (halved)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Prepare smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 350 degrees.
- In a medium size iron skillet add 1/2 stick if melted butter. Swirl the skillet so the butter costs the sides and bottom evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar around the bottom of skillet.
- Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer and place cherries in thecenter if each ring.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, and 1/2 stick if melted butter. Whisk ingredients to combine.
- Pour cake batter into the iron skillet and place in the smoker. Cook for 45 min to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the smoker and allow to cook for 5-10 min. Flip the cake onto a serving platter and serve.
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!