- 8lb Pork Butt
- ¼ cup Corse Ground Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Corse Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare Smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰ using chunks of Post Oak added to the hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Combine the Kosher Salt and Black Pepper in a small mason jar.
- Season the outside of the Pork Butt with a good dose of the salt & pepper seasoning on all sides.
- Place the Pork Butt on the smoker and cook for 4-5 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees.
- Wrap the Pork Butt in peach butcher paper and return to the smoker.
- Monitor the internal temperature with a probe thermometer inserted into the center of the pork butt. Final target temperature should be 198-200⁰.
- Rest the Pork Butt in a dry cooler for at least 1 hour before serving. To Serve: remove the blade bone and shred the pork butt by hand.