- 3lb Tri Tip Roast
- 1/4 cup Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare pellet smoker or any other grill/smoker for indirect heat at 275 degrees.
- Trim excess fat from Tri Tip (leave 1/4” fat on bottom side if possible).
- Season the Tri Tip with Kosher Salt and rest for 8-10 min.
- Rinse salt off under cool water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Use a jaccard to tenderize the Tri Tip.
- Season with AP, Hot Rub, snd Blsck Pepper.
- Place tri tip on smoker and cook until internal temp reaches 115 degrees.
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct searing at 600 degrees.
- Seat Tri Tip for 3-4 minutes on both sides until internal temperature reaches 125 or your desired doneness.
- Once Tri Tip hits doneness, wrap in butcher paper and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice across the grain and serve.