- 1.5lb Lobster Tails
- 8oz Elbow Macaroni
- 16oz Milk
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- Prepare pellet smoker or any grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 300. Place lobster tails on smoker for 15-20 min until meat turns opaque.
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- In a medium size sauce pot melt butter over medium heat. Add milk and flour and until whisk until smooth and simmer is reached.
- Add Gruyere, Cheddar, and Mozzarella cheeses (reserve a little of each for topping). Stir until cheese melts.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice. Keep warm until ready to combine.
- Chop lobster tail into bite size portions. Place macaroni, lobster, and cheese sauce in a 5qt Dutch oven. Stir to combine, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Top with remaining cheese and Panko bread crumbs.
- Place on smoker at 300 for 25-30 min or until the the top is brown.