Smoked Lobster Mac & Cheese RecipeJust something about a Smoked Lobster Mac & Cheese – it just sounds delicious! So when my buddy Kendal Adair from SmokedNSpiced said he was coming over to cook it for me – I was all about it! And really, this Smoked Lobster Mac & Cheese recipe is pretty simple. You the noodles, the lobster and the cheese sauce… and that is about it. We started by placing 5 lobster tails directly on the Traeger Grill running about 300 – but you can cook the lobster on any grill as long as your cooking indirectly and holding the temps steady around 275-300. It only took about 15 minutes to get the lobsters cooked… we took them off a little early because you don’t want chewy lobster in your Smoked Lobster Mac & Cheese. While the lobsters were cooking we cooked our elbow macaroni to package directions. And then we made our cheese sauce. We start by heating milk and butter in a medium size saucepot over medium heat. Then we added the flour and whisked until it we had a nice, smooth roux. Once we hit a light simmer, we started adding our cheese – Gruyere, Cheddar, and Mozzarella work perfect with this recipe… but you could really use any cheese you like. Just make sure to save a little of each for topping. Once the cheese is melted, added a little lemon juice and seasonings. Remove the lobster, pull the meat from the tails and give it a nice, coarse chop. Then you simply combine your noodles, cheese sauce and lobster until it’s all well combined. We used a 5qt Cast Iron Dutch Oven because they work perfect for cooking on the grill. Top your Smoked Lobster Mac & Cheese with the remaining cheese and a little panko and you are ready for the smoker. We cooked the Smoked Lobster Mac & Cheese at 300 until the top was brown and everything was nice and bubbly on the sides. It took about 30 minutes. Then all that was left to do was dive in! And this was one great Mac & Cheese recipe. You could really great creative making this recipe your own… you can change out the cheeses, the seasonings… I think it would be excellent as a crawfish mac & cheese too! And a big thanks for Kendal from SmokedNSpice for coming over and sharing this recipe! Print
- 1.5lb Lobster Tails
- 8oz Elbow Macaroni
- 16oz Milk
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Killer Hogs AP Rub
- 1 teaspoon Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- Prepare pellet smoker or any grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 300. Place lobster tails on smoker for 15-20 min until meat turns opaque.
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- In a medium size sauce pot melt butter over medium heat. Add milk and flour and until whisk until smooth and simmer is reached.
- Add Gruyere, Cheddar, and Mozzarella cheeses (reserve a little of each for topping). Stir until cheese melts.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice. Keep warm until ready to combine.
- Chop lobster tail into bite size portions. Place macaroni, lobster, and cheese sauce in a 5qt Dutch oven. Stir to combine, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Top with remaining cheese and Panko bread crumbs.
- Place on smoker at 300 for 25-30 min or until the the top is brown.