- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4oz Blue Cheese crumbled
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter melted (optional)
- 2 teaspoon Dried Parsley (optional)
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking at 425 degrees.
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, & Sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add grated butter (keep it very cold) to Flour mixture and stir. Fold in Blue Cheese gently.
- Pour in Buttermilk and stir mixture slowly until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and roll into 1/2 thickness. Cut into biscuits.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil.
- Place biscuits in skillet and cook for 25-30 minutes until brown on top and around edges.
- (Optional: Brush with melted butter mixed with a little dry parsley during the last 5 min of cooking.)