Blue Cheese Biscuits RecipeI may be a little biased but my Mom makes the best southern buttermilk biscuits in the world! She taught me her recipe years ago, and I changed things up just a little bit to create this savory, blue cheese version of her biscuits. Her biscuits are always cooked in an oven but since I prefer cooking outdoors, I decided to use one of my pellet grills for this recipe. Any grill or smoker set up for indirect cooking will work for this cook just hold the temp steady at 425⁰ for baking. If you’ve never tried biscuits on the grill, you need to give this recipe a try. They go great with just about anything and the blue cheese gives them an extra zing of flavor. I serve them with my Nashville Hot Chicken you can find that recipe here>> Print
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4oz Blue Cheese crumbled
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter melted (optional)
- 2 teaspoon Dried Parsley (optional)
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking at 425 degrees.
- Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, & Sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add grated butter (keep it very cold) to Flour mixture and stir. Fold in Blue Cheese gently.
- Pour in Buttermilk and stir mixture slowly until dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and roll into 1/2 thickness. Cut into biscuits.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil.
- Place biscuits in skillet and cook for 25-30 minutes until brown on top and around edges.
- (Optional: Brush with melted butter mixed with a little dry parsley during the last 5 min of cooking.)
Have a Question About This Recipe?
Connect with us in our HowToBBQRight Facebook group for recipe help, to share your pictures, giveaways, and more!