- 2 Elk Steaks 10-12oz ea
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Prepare charcoal grill for direct cooking over Lump charcoal.
- Season each elk steak with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Place cast iron skillet on grill grate directly over hot coals.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to iron skillet and allow to melt.
- Place one of the elk steaks in the iron skillet and sear for 2 minutes. Add 2-3 cloves of garlic and 1 sprig of rosemary to the skillet along with 1 additional Tablespoon of butter.
- Flip the steak and cook for 2 minutes, baste the top with the butter mixture as it cooks.
- Remove the elk steak from the skillet for medium rare or continue to cook until desired doneness is reached.
- Wipe the skillet out with paper towel and repeat the above process for the remaining steak.
- Rest each steak for 5-7 minutes before serving.