- 1 Whole Packer Brisket 13lbs avg.
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Corse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- Prepare offset Bbq pit for indirect cooking at 275 degrees using splits of Pecan wood for fuel. (Any style pit can be substituted just maintain 275 degrees)
- Remove brisket from cryovac packaging and blot excess moisture with paper towel. Trim excess fat to 1/4”. Remove sinew (silver skin) from flat and any discolored meat around the edges.
- Combine Kosher Salt and Black Pepper and liberally coat all sides of the brisket then add a light layer of Killer Hogs Hot Rub.
- Place the brisket fat side down on the Bbq pit and smoke until the outside begins to turn dark (about 170 degrees internal).
- Wrap the brisket in pink butchers paper and insert a probe thermometer into the thickest portion of the flat.
- Place the brisket back on the pit and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 202-204 degrees.
- Rest the brisket in a dry cooler for a minimum of 1 hour before slicing.